Tim Kane named Vice President of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY:  Tim Kane, whose career has encompassed more than 35 years in college and secondary education, has been named Vassar’s Vice President of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development.

The Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development (OAAD), which Kane will lead, serves Vassar by maintaining and strengthening relationships that are vital to sustaining and enhancing the College’s mission.  In pursuit of these goals, OAAD reaches out to the extended Vassar family, including alumnae/i, parents, friends, and the campus community, through programs, communications, and services that encourage philanthropic investment in, and engagement with, the College.  Kane’s experience includes leadership of several comprehensive and capital campaigns.  OAAD is the lead office for such fundraising efforts at Vassar.

In the course of more than three decades working in education, Kane has held positions in admissions and development at Bates College and the University of New Hampshire Law School, and served as Vice President for Advancement at Maine College of Art.  Most recently, he has been Associate Head of School at The Masters School in Dobbs Ferry, New York.  As second-in-command at Masters, he has led the school’s development and alumnae/i engagement programs, worked extensively with faculty and administration on the creation of signature programs in innovation, entrepreneurship, ethical leadership, and global and civic exchange, and spearheaded the effort on the School's comprehensive 2017 Campus Master Plan.

“Tim has a tremendous understanding of the value of the alumnae/i community, as well as a strong background in development. Moreover he has a true understanding of the importance of the liberal arts. I look forward to working with Tim as we continue to foster the mission of Vassar College,” said President Elizabeth H. Bradley.

“Vassar has an opportunity to accomplish great things under the leadership of President Bradley at this particular moment in its long history,” said Kane.  “I am honored to have been selected as the next Vice President for Alumnae/i Affairs and Development, and am eager to work with President Bradley and the OAAD team on the next set of priorities for the College.  I very much look forward to joining the Vassar community this summer.”

Vassar College is a coeducational, independent, residential liberal arts college founded in 1861 and based in Poughkeepsie, New York.

Posted by Office of Communications Monday, March 12, 2018