Some of these tips will help employees start using Vassar's new Workday system for human resources, benefits, and payroll, beginning March 20, 2017. Other tips explain the remaining ways employees can use Banner Online through June 30, 2017:
- Log into Workday (https://workday.vassar.edu) from any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet, using such major browsers as Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Explorer.
- Log in with your standard Vassar username and password. If you don’t know them, the CIS Service Desk in the College Center will help you get set up (open weekdays 9:00am-4:30pm during the break and 9:00am-7:30pm in general).
- For employees who don’t use computers in their jobs, many computers are set up specifically for Workday in locations such as ACDC, The Retreat, and the offices for Facilities and Safety & Security.
- You can use the Workday app from your smartphone or tablet, for all of the system’s functions. See instructions for installing and using the app in the “training materials” section of our WorkdayInfo site (http://workdayinfo.vassar.edu/).
- Verify your information in Workday:
- Emergency contact (in “Personal Info”) (required)
- Life insurance beneficiary (in “Benefits”) (required)
- Payment elections (check or direct deposit) (in “Pay”)
- Bank account info (if you do direct deposit) (in “Pay”)
- Withholding tax allowances (W-4 form information) (in “Pay”)
- Supervisors: If you will be away without Internet access when you have to approve a timesheet, plan ahead to use the “delegate” function to temporarily assign the approval to someone else (see the FAQ at https://workdayinfo.vassar.edu).
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask the CIS Service Desk in person (in the College Center) or by phone (845-437-7224).
- Print your W-2 form for 2016 tax return (available through April 15, 2017)
- Print out any payslips you may need from pay periods before you started using Workday (available through June 30, 2017). After June 30, pre-Workday payslips must be requested from the payroll office (email@example.com, 845-437-5880).