News

Students and families will celebrate the 29th annual “I Won’t Grow Up Day” on April 11, 2009.

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY—The 29th annual “I Won’t Grow Up Day” will be held at Vassar College on April 11. From 12 to 4pm Vassar students will transform the College Center of Main Building into a carnival-like fair for big and little kids alike. The celebration is free and open to the public.

The afternoon will be filled with free activities for local families and students, including arts and crafts, games, a bouncy castle, a cappella concerts, circus performances by Vassar's "Barefoot Monkeys," educational displays, a petting zoo and more.

"I Won't Grow Up Day" is presented by the Vassar student group T.O.N.C.A. (Together Opposing Neglect and Child Abuse), to raise awareness about child abuse. Donations will be accepted to benefit the Poughkeepsie Child Abuse Prevention Center.

Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations or information on accessibility should contact Campus Activities Office at (845) 437-5370. Without sufficient notice, appropriate space and/or assistance may not be available. Directions to the Vassar campus are available at www.vassar.edu/directions.

Vassar College is a highly selective, coeducational, independent, residential liberal arts college founded in 1861.

Posted by Office of Communications Friday, March 27, 2009