News

This site is no longer updated.

Current Vassar news can be found at www.vassar.edu/news; otherwise you can browse recent archived news items.

Dean Judy "J.J." Jackson selected for University of Kentucky diversity post

Vassar College President Catharine Bond Hill announced Monday, January 28, that Dean of the College Judy "J.J." Jackson has accepted a position at the University of Kentucky as vice president for institutional diversity.

The University of Kentucky approached Jackson about the post during a nationwide search for candidates. Jackson was appointed dean of the college at Vassar in 2004.

The letter to campus from President Hill:

Dear Vassar students, colleagues and friends,

This morning Dean JJ Jackson has announced that she has accepted the position of Vice President for Institutional Diversity at the University of Kentucky, effective July 1, 2008. I want to express my great appreciation to JJ for her extraordinary service to Vassar. Her leaving will be a great loss to the College and to me personally as a key and valued member of my senior officer staff, but I also recognize the attractiveness of this new position for her in consideration of her personal and professional goals in higher education. We will certainly miss the great skill and passion with which she has conducted the affairs of the Dean of College division, but even more significantly perhaps, we will miss the great compassion that has been a hallmark of that service and of her spirit.

I look forward to opportunities in the coming months to celebrate her contributions to Vassar and to wish her well in the next phase of her life.

Catharine B. Hill
President

Posted by Office of Communications Tuesday, January 29, 2008