Poughkeepsie, NY – From 12:00-7:00 p.m. on Saturday October 1, Raymond Avenue in the Town of Poughkeepsie will come alive with the sights, sounds, and tastes of the seventh annual Arlington Street Fair, including nonstop entertainment in the big tent, dozens of vendors, rides, the annual Arlington Chili Cook-off, and fireworks at dusk. Sponsored by the Arlington Business Improvement District, Poughkeepsie Chamber of Commerce, Vassar Student Association, and Vassar College, the festival celebrates the revitalization of Arlington, welcomes back Vassar students and parents, and raises money for local charities.
Vassar College students will have a special fundraising table at the fair for Hurricane Katrina relief.
Raymond Avenue, between Collegeview and the Eastbound Arterial
Parking: Free parking available on the lot on Davis Avenue, on the lot behind Prime Financial on Raymond Avenue, and on neighboring streets.
- Fourth annual Arlington Chili Cook-Off
- Lots of rides, games, and interactive activities
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
- Barefoot Monkeys, a Vassar juggling and circus arts group
- More than 50 vendors of arts, crafts, and culinary delights on Raymond Avenue
- Fun things to do at Garden Art Space, ASM School, and Arlington Reformed Church
- Nonstop Entertainment, including a nationally acclaimed magician, in the big tent
- The Fun Central dance machine
Entertainment in the big tent
12:00 p.m.: Erik Ericksen (Acoustic Guitar & vocalist)
1:00 p.m: Todd Charles (Magician & Entertainer)
2:00 p.m.: Victor Catanzaro Latin Jazz Quartet
3:00 p.m.: The Mockingbirds Jazz Band
4:00 p.m.: Vassar College A Capella Groups
5:00 p.m.: Jeff Armstrong (Classical Acoustic Guitarist)
6:00 p.m.: Helen Avakian (Acoustic Guitar & Vocalist)
For additional information, contact Andrew Meade, assistant to the Dean of the College, at (845) 437-5831 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Office of Campus Activities at (845) 437-5370.
Vassar College is a highly selective, coeducational, independent, residential liberal arts college founded in 1861.