News

Mind the Gap: The Gift of a Vassar Education, February 23, 2013.

Make a gift

On Thursday, February 23, 2012 Vassar will host the fifth annual Mind the Gap Day to recognize the point approximately 53% of the way through the academic year when past and present gifts to the College begin paying for daily operating costs. To show our appreciation, we invite alumnae/i to return to campus for a day of celebration and thanks.

As part of Mind the Gap Day, Vassar graduates and volunteers will return to spend the day attending classes, dining at ACDC and experiencing life as a current Vassar student. In turn, students learned the importance of alumnae/i giving and the impact it has on their day to day experience at Vassar.

Mind the Gap Day is brought to you by CASA (Council for Alumnae/i-Student Advancement). CASA is a collaboration designed to increase communication and transparency between the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs & Development, Career Development and the student body. CASA seeks to raise awareness of the short- and long-term goals of the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs & Development, Career Development, Student Affairs and the College and provide a continuum between life as a student and life as an alumna/us. Through programming initiatives geared toward the student body, it also works to promote a culture and understanding of philanthropy on campus.

For more information about Mind the Gap, contact Cathy Lunn or Lindsay Roth.

Posted by Office of Communications Thursday, February 23, 2012